Nowadays, this method of production has become one of the most profitable parts of agricultural sector due to the increasing need of market both in the production of flowers and ornamental plants and in the off-season vegetables and cucurbits as well as in the production of medicinal plants, which requires proper management.
Adoption through technology and smart greenhouses is one of the most important measures for achieving the highest profitability and productivity. Utilizing from such system can lead to save money and increase product quality, prevent risks and decreased manpower and human error.
Monitoring systems can provide ease of use and high accuracy and reliability for greenhouse owners in addition to monitoring all important and influential factors in crop production.
Quantities such as temperature, humidity, ventilation, CO2 and many other ones are taken into account in smart greenhouses based on the greenhouse and product requirements and smart greenhouse owners can easily monitor different criteria.
How does Samie Electronic Industries Company make a greenhouse smart?
- Temperature = On days when the temperature inside the greenhouse is above 40 ° C or below zero during hot and cold seasons of the year, some systems are installed and used to adjust whole room temperature through warming or cooling the environment. Depending on the product and existing conditions, temperature adjusting is one of the most important factors in increasing productivity and product quality along with decreased disease.
- Ventilation= depending on the conditions, different types of ventilation including natural ventilation, fan ventilation and so on are used to adjust temperature in the greenhouses. e understand how and to what extent we should use the ventilation by examining and controlling the greenhouse. It can also lead to decreased manpower and cost savings.
- Humidity= the amount of humidity needed by plants in the greenhouse environment varies at each stage of growth. The amount of humidity in the greenhouse fluctuates greatly and disrupts the growth of plants and crops and even causing disease. Therefore, it is necessary to utilize from humidity control equipment.
- Light = Sunlight is critical to growing crops in greenhouses. Different types of products require different intensity, duration and angle of radiation for their optimum growth. Smartness can adjust the amount of light received by plants throughout the day.
- Irrigation = the use of smart irrigation systems leads each plant receive its needed water separately based on the greenhouse conditions and the type of required irrigation. Performance of this system is determined by predetermined plans and has the highest efficiency with the lowest water content, which the matter leads to significant water savings.
- Online Monitoring of the Hall and Alarms = In many cases, conditions may occur in some parts of the greenhouse that we are unaware about them due to lots of tasks or large area of the greenhouse and also its time consuming. In such cases, the greenhouse owners can easily check the situation to find out and fix the problem wherever they want by installing a proper smart monitoring system.